Chromatography : a treatise on colours and pigments and of their powers in painting / by George Field.
- Additional Title(s):
Field's treatise on colours.
- New edition improved.
- London : Winsor and Newton,, [ca. 1840].
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 424,  p.,  leaf of plates : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1280 F4 1840zYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by Moyes and Barclay, Castle Street, Leicester Square.
BAC: Bound in blind- and gold- stamped green publisher's cloth.
Cover title: Field's chromatography.
Spine title: Field's treatise on colours.
Moyes and Barclay were at this address from 1839-1845.
- Subject Terms:
- Color.Colors.Moyes and Barclay -- Printer.Painting -- Technique.Winsor and Newton -- Publisher.
- Engravings -- Hand-colored -- [ca. 1840].
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.