On the theory of painting : to which is added an index of mixed tints, and an introduction to painting in water-colours, with precepts / by T.H. Fielding.
- Additional Title(s):
Theory of painting.
- Second edition : enlarged.
- London : Published for the author by W.H. Allen, 1836.
- Physical Description:
- xii, -179 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1260 F53 1836 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1260 F53 1836 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 124
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Presentation inscription to Mary Bentall, Dec. 10, 1839 from her brother William. Copy 2 has pencil drawing inside front cover.
BAC: Spine title: Theory of painting.
BAC: British Art Center copies in original boards, as issued.
Printed by J.L. Cox and Sons, 75, Great Queen Street, Lincoln's-Inn Fields.
Illustrations by T.H. Fielding.
- Subject Terms:
- Allen, W.H. -- Publisher.Bentall, Mary -- Pres. inscription from her brother William, Dec. 10, 1839Bentall, William -- Pres. inscription to his sister Mary, Dec. 10, 1839.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1836.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1836.Etching -- Specimens -- 1836.J.L. Cox and Sons -- Printer.Painting -- Technique.Pigments.Watercolor painting -- Technique.
- Aquatints -- 1836.
YCBA Collections Search
Fielding, T. H. (Theodore Henry), 1781-1851, On the theory of painting , 1836
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.