Views of ancient buildings in the town and county of Leicester / drawn on stone by J. Flower.
- Additional Title(s):
Flower's Views in Leicestershire
Views in Leicestershire
- [Leicester : R. Tibbutt, Printer, ca. 1830]
- Physical Description:
- 8 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.L5 F56 1830+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.L5 F56 1830+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lithographs drawn by John Flower; printed by W. Day and C. Hullmandel.
Letterpress signed at end (p. 8): R. Tibbutt, printer, Leicester.
Date of publication from Abbey.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 198
BAC: British Art Center has two copies cased together. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Bound in original grey paper covered boards; white paper label on front cover: Flower's Views in Leicestershire. With hand-colored lithographs. Copy 2 (mentioned in the description of Scenery 198) is bound in quarter brown calf and marbled boards. Brown paper label with same title as label on copy 1. Illustrations are uncolored and bound in before text. With an extra plate, "Swithland Hall, Leicestershire", not known to be present in other copies.
- Subject Terms:
- Day, W. -- PrinterHistoric buildings -- England -- Leicestershire.Hullmandel, C. -- PrinterLeicester (England) -- Buildings, structures, etc.Leicestershire (England) -- Description and travel.Leicestershire (England) -- Pictorial works.Tibbutt, R. -- Printer
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1830.
Lithographs -- 1830.
YCBA Collections Search
Flower, John, 1793-1861, Views of ancient buildings in the town and county of Leicester , ca. 1830]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.