Forbes, Frederick E. (Frederick Edwyn), Dahomey and the Dahomans: , 1851
- Dahomey and the Dahomans: : being the journals of two missions to the king of Dahomey, and residence at his capital, in the years 1849 and 1850. / by Frederick E. Forbes.
- London : Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans, 1851.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. in 1 : ill. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDT541 F69 1851Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by Spottiswoode and Shaw, New-Street Square.
Illustrations by M. & N. Hanhart; after F[rederick] E[dwyn] Forbes.
Errata slip inserted.
Includes "The discovery of the Vahie language and vocabulary" v.1, p. 195-218 and "Vocabulary of the Dahoman language" v. 1, p. 218-244.
Lib. Company. Afro-Americana, 3738
- Subject Terms:
- Benin -- Description and travel.Benin -- Social life and customs.Longman, Brown, Green, and Longman -- Publisher.Slave trade -- Benin.Spottiswoode and Shaw -- Printer.Voyages and travels.
- Chromolithographs -- 1851.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.