Norway and its glaciers, visited in 1851 : followed by journals of excursions in the high Alps of Dauphné, Berne and Savoy / by James D. Forbes.
- Edinburgh : Adam and Charles Black, 1853.
- Physical Description:
- , [vii]-xxiv, 349 p.,  colored leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., maps ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDL417 F69 1853Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 257
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in brown publisher's cloth.
BAC: Bound by John Gray, Edinburgh.
Printed by R. and R. Clark, Edinburgh.
Illustrations by Charles Haghe; after James David Forbes.
Errata slip inserted.
- Subject Terms:
- Adam and Charles Black (Firm) -- Publisher.Alps -- Description and travel.Clark, R. and R. -- PrinterGlaciers -- Norway.Gray, John -- Binder.Norway -- Description and travel.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1853.
YCBA Collections Search
Forbes, James David, 1809-1868, Norway and its glaciers, visited in 1851 , 1853
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.