Forfeitiana, or, An elegant budget of winter evening's recreation for young persons / written by a lady.
- Additional Title(s):
Elegant budget of winter evening's recreation for young persons
Book of forfeits
- London : Published by J. Bailey, 188, Fleet Street, And may be had of all booksellers, 
- Physical Description:
- 34 p.,  folded leaf of plates : ill. ; 14 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV75 .L33 1824Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Running title: Book of forfeits.
Joseph Bailey was working at this address in 1824. Cf. Todd. Directory of printers and others in allied trades, 1972.
Hand-colored etched frontispiece is unsigned.
"Price six pence" at foot of t.p.
Publishers advertisements on back wrapper.
Fairman, Elisabeth R. Pleasures and pastimes, 19
BAC: British Art Center copy in original dark blue printed paper wrappers. Inscribed: Georgiana Staples from Augusta Benton.
- Subject Terms:
- Amusements -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Bailey, J. -- Publisher.Benton, Augusta -- Pres. insc. to Georgiana Staples.Entertaining -- Great Britain.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- Games -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Recreation -- Great Britain.Staples, Georgiana -- Pres. insc. from Augusta Benton.
YCBA Collections Search
Lady, Forfeitiana, or, An elegant budget of winter evening's recreation for young persons , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.