Forster, T. (Thomas), 1789-1860, Researches about atmospheric phaenomena , 1815
Researches about atmospheric phaenomena / by Thomas Forster, F.L.S.
- Second edition, corrected and enlarged, with a series of engravings illustrative of the modifications of the clouds, &c.
- London : Printed for Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, 47, Paternoster-row; Thomas Underwood, 32, Fleet-Street; and William Blackwood, Edinburgh, 1815.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 271,  p., , V leaves of plates : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQC865 .F73 1815Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Aquatint engravings by Frederick Christian Lewis; after drawings by Thomas Forster.
Printed by C. Baldwin, New Bridge-street, London.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 440
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in gilt-tooled tree calf with gilt armorial center stamp of Sarah Wynne on upper board. Edges sprinkled blue.
- Subject Terms:
- Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy -- Publisher.Blackwood, William -- Publisher.Clouds.Meteorology.Natural history -- Great Britain.Phenology.Underwood, Thomas -- Publisher.Wynne, Sarah -- Binding.
- Aquatints -- 1815.
Armorial bindings (Provenance)
Armorial bindings (Binding)
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1815.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.