Catalogue of the magnificent collection of printed books, the property of the Rt. Hon. the Earl of Ashburnham first[-third] portion / which will be sold by auction by Messrs. Sotheby, Wilkinson & Hodge ...
- London : [Sotheby, Wilkinson & Hodge], 1897-1898.
London : Dryden Press: J. Davy and Sons, 137, Long Acre.
- Physical Description:
- 3 volumes in 1 : color illustrations ; 26 cm
- Reference LibraryZ997 A8213 S64 1897 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Catalogues of sales: first portion, 1897 June 25-July 3; second portion, 1897 December 6-11; third portion, 1898 May 9-14.
At head of title: The Ashburnham library.
Imprint on title page reads: Dryden Press, J. Davy and Sons ... London.
Sale conducted in 3 parts: June 25, 1897 and 7 following days, Dec. 6, 1897 and 5 following days, May 9, 1898 and 5 following days.
Lewis Walpole Library 125 So717 897: v.1-v.2 only. Priced extensively in ms.
- Subject Terms:
- Ashburnham, Bertram Ashburnham, Earl of, 1797-1878 -- Library -- Catalogs.Book auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Booksellers' catalogs -- Great Britain.Early printed books -- Catalogs.Literature -- Bibliography -- Catalogs.Private libraries -- England.Sotheby, Wilkinson & Hodge -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogs.
Auction catalogs -- 1897 06 25-1898 05 14.
Book auction catalogs.
YCBA Collections Search
Sotheby, Wilkinson & Hodge, Catalogue of the magnificent collection of printed books, the property of the Rt. Hon. the Earl of Ashburnham first[-third] portion , 1897-1898