The country house : (with designs) / edited by Lady Mary Fox.
- London : J. Murray, Albemarle Street, MDCCCXLIII 
- Physical Description:
- viii, 65 p., 5 leaves of plates : ill., plans ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA7620 .C53 1843+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- A series of 12 letters between the architect, Alexis de Chateauneuf, and his prospective client, Sir Henry Bunbury, about the design of a country house. Included is a letter from Charles Eastlake on how the house should be decorated.
Wood engravings by John Jackson, Charles Knight, Mason Jackson, and Charles Gray. Lithographs drawn by G. Moore (George Belton Moore?); printed by Day & Haghe.
Printed by C. Whittingham, Tooks Court, Chancery Lane.
Each letter accompanied by head- piece, tail-piece and ornamental initial.
At top of t.p.: Friendly contributions for 1842.
List of subscribers: p. [vii]-viii.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind- and gold-stamped blue publishers cloth. Title stamped on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain.Bunbury, Henry, Sir, 1778-1860 -- Correspondence.Châteauneuf, Alexis de, 1799-1853 -- Correspondence.Country homes -- England -- Designs and plans.Eastlake, Charles Lock, Sir, 1793-1865 -- Correspondence.Murray, J. -- Publisher.Whittingham, C. -- Printer.
- Wood engravings -- 1843.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- Specimen -- 1843.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.