A brief history of the Wesleyan missions on the western coast of Africa : including biographical sketches of all the missionaries who have died in that important field of labour. : with some account of the European settlements, and of the slave-trade : illustrated with a map and six engravings / by William Fox.
- London: : Published by Aylott and Jones, 1851.
- Physical Description:
- xx, 624 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill.,map ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBV3540 F7 1851Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
BAC: Spine title reads: Western coast of Africa.
Printed by James Nichols, Hoxton-Square.
Illustrations by W.L. Walton. Printed by A. La Riviere.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 286
- Subject Terms:
- Africa, West -- Description and travel.Aylott and Jones -- Publisher.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1851.Missionaries -- Africa, West.Missions -- Africa, West.Nichols, James -- Printer.Slave trade -- Africa, West.Slavery.Wesleyan Methodist Church -- Missions.
YCBA Collections Search
Fox, William, active 1851, A brief history of the Wesleyan missions on the western coast of Africa , 1851
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.