IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Francia, François-Thomas-Louis, 1772-1839, A selection from the drawings and studies in land and seascape of British artists , 1820
A selection from the drawings and studies in land and seascape of British artists : imitated from the originals / by Louis Francia, and others.
- Additional Title(s):
Studies of landscapes
- London : Published by H. Berthould, 28, Soho Square. Printed by Nathaniel Bliss, 1820.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves : chiefly ill. ; 39 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC800 .F736 1820+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Added engraved t.p. from the 1810 edition: Studies of landscapes by T. Gainsborough, J. Hoppner R.A., T. Girtin, Wm. Owen R.A., A. Callcot, A.S. Owen, J. Varley, J.S. Hayward, and L. Francia. Imitated from the originals by L. Francia, 1810.
Freely drawn after landscapes by Gainsborough and others, most unsigned and without captions. Apparently issued with varying numbers of plates.
Engraved throughout. Illustrations are mounted on colored papers.
Earlier issue in 1810 with 37 soft-ground etchings and 1 colored aquatint under title: Studies of landscapes.
At head of title: Liber variorium.
BAC: Plates unnumbered. Illustrations engraved variously on blue, brown, or white paper in various sizes, mounted on heavier paper.
- Subject Terms:
- Berthould, H. -- Publisher.Bliss, Nathaniel -- Printer.Imitation in art.Landscape drawing -- Technique.Pictures -- Copying.
- Drawing books.
Aquatints -- 1820.
Soft-ground etchings -- 1820.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.