Progressive lessons tending to elucidate the character of trees : with the process of sketching, and painting them in water colours / by Ls. Francia, member of the Liverpool Academy, painter in water colours to H.R.H. the Dutchess of York, and secretary to the Associated Painters in Water Colours.
- [London] : Published by T. Clay, No. 18, Ludgate-Hill, London, 1813.
- Physical Description:
-  p., 1,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND2115 .F73 1813+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Printed by J. Hayes, Dartmouth-Street, Westminster.
Each plate accompanied by letterpress instructions.
Hardie, M. English coloured books, p. 122
Table of tints used in this work, and their compounds included.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt half roan and marbled paper boards. Publisher's advertisements,  p., tipped in at end, not included in the pagination.
- Subject Terms:
- Clay, T. -- PublisherDrawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Hayes, J. -- PrinterLandscape painting -- Technique.Trees.Watercolor painting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Watercolor painting -- Technique.
- Handbooks and manuals.
Soft-ground etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1813.
Soft-ground etchings -- 1813.
YCBA Collections Search
Francia, François-Thomas-Louis, 1772-1839, Progressive lessons tending to elucidate the character of trees , 1813
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.