IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Fraser, R. W. (Robert William), 1810-1876, Illustrative views in tinted lithography of interesting and romantic parish kirks and manses in Scotland , [1850?]
Illustrative views in tinted lithography of interesting and romantic parish kirks and manses in Scotland / with preface and introduction by the Rev. Robert W. Fraser.
- Edinburgh : A. Fullarton & Co., [1850?]
- Physical Description:
- xiv,  leaves of plates : tinted lithography ; 31 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA875 .F73 1850+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA875 .F73 1850+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Fraser's introductory essay gives a brief summary of the history of Scottish architecture.
Tinted lithographs by James Gordon and F.H. Weiss; after John Crawford Brown, George M. Greig and John Watson McLean. Plates printed by A. & J. Macpherson.
Printed by Fullarton and Macnab, Leith Walk, Edinburgh.
Date of publication from Abbey.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 495
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Hand-colored. Bound in publisher's original quarter leather and bline-stamped brown cloth. Plates in copy 2 are tinted lithographs.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 is uncolored. Bound in publisher's original quarter leather and bline-stamped brown cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- A. & J. Macpherson -- Printer.Architecture -- Scotland -- History.Chron. 1850.Church architecture -- Scotland.Church buildings -- Scotland -- Pictorial works.Fullerton, A. -- Publisher.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1850.
- Glasgow Cathedral
- Barony Church
- New Greyfriars Church
- Borthwick Church
- Abbey Church, Dunfermline
- Abbey Church, Paisley
- Linlithgow Church
- Spott Church and Manse
- Dalmeny Church
- Haddington Church
- Burntisland Manse
- Stow Church and Manse
- Loudon Church
- Cults Church and Manse
- Liberton Church and Manse
- Govan Church
- South Leith Church
- Restalrig Church
- Aberdeen Cathedral
- St. Cuthbert's Church
- Dalkeith Church
- bothwell Church
- Aberdeen East and West Churches
- Duddingston Church and Manse.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.