Fraser, R. W. (Robert William), 1810-1876, Illustrative views in tinted lithography of interesting and romantic parish kirks and manses in Scotland , [1850?]
- Illustrative views in tinted lithography of interesting and romantic parish kirks and manses in Scotland / with preface and introduction by the Rev. Robert W. Fraser.
- Edinburgh : A. Fullarton & Co., [1850?]
- Physical Description:
- xiv,  leaves of plates : tinted lithography ; 31 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA875 .F73 1850+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA875 .F73 1850+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Fraser's introductory essay gives a brief summary of the history of Scottish architecture.
Tinted lithographs by James Gordon and F.H. Weiss; after John Crawford Brown, George M. Greig and John Watson McLean. Plates printed by A. & J. Macpherson.
Printed by Fullarton and Macnab, Leith Walk, Edinburgh.
Date of publication from Abbey.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 495
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Hand-colored. Bound in publisher's original quarter leather and bline-stamped brown cloth. Plates in copy 2 are tinted lithographs.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 is uncolored. Bound in publisher's original quarter leather and bline-stamped brown cloth.
- Glasgow Cathedral -- Barony Church -- New Greyfriars Church -- Borthwick Church -- Abbey Church, Dunfermline -- Abbey Church, Paisley -- Linlithgow Church -- Spott Church and Manse -- Dalmeny Church -- Haddington Church -- Burntisland Manse -- Stow Church and Manse -- Loudon Church -- Cults Church and Manse -- Liberton Church and Manse -- Govan Church -- South Leith Church -- Restalrig Church -- Aberdeen Cathedral -- St. Cuthbert's Church -- Dalkeith Church -- bothwell Church -- Roseneath -- Aberdeen East and West Churches -- Duddingston Church and Manse.
- Subject Terms:
- A. & J. Macpherson -- Printer.Architecture -- Scotland -- History.Chron. 1850.Church architecture -- Scotland.Church buildings -- Scotland -- Pictorial works.Fullerton, A. -- Publisher.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1850.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.