Cupid turned volunteer : in a series of prints / designed by ***** ; and engraved by W. N. Gardiner, B.A. ; with poetical illustrations by Thomas Park, F.S.A.
- London : Printed by W. Bulmer and Co. Cleveland-Row, for E. Harding, Pall-Mall Court; and sold by W. N. Gardiner, No. 48, Pall-Mall, 1804.
- Physical Description:
- , 11,  leaves,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3615.P73 C87 1804+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- The plates, engraved by W.N. Gardiner, are after drawings by Princess Elizabeth (1770-1840), one of George III's fifteen children. They are accompanied with poems by Thomas Park.
With a preliminary half-title leaf.
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v. 19, 584
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 441
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. ALS from Princess Elizabeth to E. Harding tipped in before first free end-paper. Bound in red morocco, with gilt edges.
- Subject Terms:
- Bulmer, W. -- PrinterEtching, Colored -- Specimens -- 1804.Harding, E. -- PublisherStipple engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1804.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.