Gardner, William Bethell, 1815-1880, A series of views in Malta , 
A series of views in Malta / by Capt. and Mrs. W. B. Gardner.
- [London] : Lithographed and published by Dickinsons Brothers, 114, New Bond Street, 
- Physical Description:
- , 7,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 26 x 35 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDG989.24 .G37 1852+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Tinted lithographs.
Date of publication from Abbey.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 195
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in half blue morocco and blue cloth, with title stamped in gilt. Binders ticket: Goulden, Binder, High St., Canterbury.
- Subject Terms:
- Dickinsons Brothers -- Publisher.Gould -- Bookbinder.Malta -- Description and travel.Malta -- Pictorial works.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1852.
- The Dock-Yard Creek
- Distant view of Valetta from San Guiseppe
- Church of St. Giovanni
- The Protestant College, St. Julian's, from the gardens
- Phoenician ruins, Crendi
- Distant view of Valletta from Sliema
- The Grand Harbour from the upper part
- St. Angelo, Florian, Baracca, from the Naval Hospital
- St. Pauls Church
- Entrance to St. Paul's Bay
- Fort Tignè, St. Elmo, &c., from Sliema, early morning
- Strada St. Giovanni and part of Grand Harbour from Strada Mercanti
- Marina Sliema and part of Quarantine Harbour
- St. Julian's Tower
- The Palace and distant view of the light house
- Verdala Palace, from the Boschetto
- The Quarantine Harbour from Fort Tignè
- Grand Harbour looking inwards
- Strada, Forni and General's House.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.