Garrard, George, 1760-1826, Sketches of animals from nature , March 1st, 1794
Sketches of animals from nature / etched by George Garrard.
- London : Published at R. Blamire's, in the Strand, March 1st, 1794.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 30 x 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2008 6Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Soft-ground etchings by George Garrard. The second plate (sheep) signed "from a sketch by S. [Sawrey] Gilpin."
Cover title, on publisher's printed wrappers.
Bridson, G. Plant, animal & anatomical illustration, D332
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original printed grey wrappers, as issued.
- Subject Terms:
- Animals in art -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Blamire, R. -- Publisher.Cows in art -- Early works to 1800.
- Soft-ground etchings -- 1794.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.