Pompeiana : the topography, edifices and ornaments of Pompeii, the result of excavations since 1819 / by Sir William Gell.
- London : Jennings and Chaplin, 1832.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. in 1 : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDG70 P7 G4 1832+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: British Art Center copy bound in green gold-stamped morocco.
BAC: British Art Center copy extra-illustrated.
Printed by Thomas Davidson, Whitefriars.
A sequel to Pompeiana by W. Gell and J.P. Gandy. London, 1817-1819. Appeared originally in 12 parts: plates dated 1830-31.
Added engraved t.p.
- Subject Terms:
- Davidson, Thomas -- Printer.Jennings and Chaplin -- Publisher.Pompeii (Extinct city) -- Description and travel.
- Extra-illustrated copies (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.