Gendall, John, 1789-1865, Six views of Hastings, 1822
- Six views of Hastings.
- London : Published by R. Ackermann, 101, Strand, and to be had of all book and print-sellers in the United Kingdom. Printed by L. Harrison, 373, Strand, 1822.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.H35 G46 1822+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Aquatints by Daniel Havell and Thomas Sutherland; after John Gendall.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 159
Publisher's advertisements on verso of front cover and on recto and verso of back cover.
BAC: British Art Center is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's printed buff wrappers.
- Hastings from the London Road -- The Stade, Hastings -- Hastings, from the Priory -- Hastings -- View from the Castle Hill, Hastings -- Hastings, from the sea.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, R. -- Publisher.Harrison, L. -- Printer.Hastings (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Publisher's advertisements.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1822.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.