IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Chronology of the sovereigns of England, 1821
Chronology of the sovereigns of England.
- [London?] : [s.n.], 1821.
- Physical Description:
- 2, 17 discs : engravings ; prints 42 mm in diameter, in bronze caze 48 mm in diameter
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA28.1 .C47 1821Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- A medallion book.
Circular bronze case containing circular printed paper discs with portraits of British monarchs from William I to George IV. The case top bears the bust of George IV; the bottom, a crown above sprays of roses, thistles and shamrocks.
Each medallion has engraved illustrations pasted back-to-back, formerly mounted on ribbon; single engraved title disc and disc for Edward V mounted in top of medallion case.
Date from medallion case.
"George IV. Ascended the British throne Jan 29 1820 in the 58 year of his age"--Top of bronze case.
"Coronation at Westminster July 19 1821."--Bottom of bronze case.
BAC: British Art Center copy imperfect: comprises 15 medallions. Lacking medallions for Edward I, Charles II and Mary II.
- Subject Terms:
- Coronations -- Great Britain.George IV, King of Great Britain, 1762-1830 -- Coronation.Great Britain -- Kings and rulers -- Chronology.Medals -- Specimens.Miniature books -- Specimens.Souvenirs (Keepsakes) -- Great Britain.
- Miniature books (Printing) -- England -- 19th century.
Engravings -- 1821.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.