Chronology of the sovereigns of England, 1821
- Chronology of the sovereigns of England.
- [London?] : [s.n.], 1821.
- Physical Description:
- 2, 17 discs : engravings ; prints 42 mm in diameter, in bronze caze 48 mm in diameter
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA28.1 .C47 1821Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- A medallion book.
Circular bronze case containing circular printed paper discs with portraits of British monarchs from William I to George IV. The case top bears the bust of George IV; the bottom, a crown above sprays of roses, thistles and shamrocks.
Each medallion has engraved illustrations pasted back-to-back, formerly mounted on ribbon; single engraved title disc and disc for Edward V mounted in top of medallion case.
Date from medallion case.
"George IV. Ascended the British throne Jan 29 1820 in the 58 year of his age"--Top of bronze case.
"Coronation at Westminster July 19 1821."--Bottom of bronze case.
BAC: British Art Center copy imperfect: comprises 15 medallions. Lacking medallions for Edward I, Charles II and Mary II.
- Subject Terms:
- Coronations -- Great Britain.George IV, King of Great Britain, 1762-1830 -- Coronation.Great Britain -- Kings and rulers -- Chronology.Medals -- Specimens.Miniature books -- Specimens.Souvenirs (Keepsakes) -- Great Britain.
- Miniature books (Printing) -- England -- 19th century.
Engravings -- 1821.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.