Rules for drawing the several parts of architecture : in a more exact and easy manner than has been heretofore practised, by which all fractions, in dividing the principal members and their parts, are avoided / by James Gibbs.
- The third edition.
- London : Printed for W. Innys and J. Richardson, J. and P. Knapton, C. Hitch and L. Hawes, R. Maney and H.S. Cox, MDCCLIII 
- Physical Description:
- vi, , 28 pages, LXIV leaves of plates : illustrations ; 42 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2016 69Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- English short title catalogue, T210635
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers, 262
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary dark blue quarter morocco and blue cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Architectural drawing -- Early works to 1800.Architectural drawing.Architecture -- Details -- Early works to 1800.Architecture -- Details.Architecture -- Orders.
- Engravings (prints) -- England -- 18th century.
YCBA Collections Search
Gibbs, James, 1682-1754, Rules for drawing the several parts of architecture , MDCCLIII 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.