Gibbs, John (Architect), Gibbs' studies for art designers and manufacturers, 1869 [i.e., 1870]
Gibbs' studies for art designers and manufacturers.
- Additional Title(s):
Studies for art designers and manufacturers
- Oxford : Published by John Gibbs, architect, 1869 [i.e., 1870]
- Physical Description:
- , 2,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 55 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2016 56Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Tinted lithographs by Ensor & Simkins and George Hartnell Bartlett; after John Gibbs.
The author's remarks are dated 1870, on page 2. Some plates have captions dated 1870.
The illustrations (plates) are numbered from A to Z, with the addition of Jj, Jjj, Uu, and Zz. The title leaf and dedication leaf are chromolithographs.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Details.Decoration and ornament -- Victorian styleDecoration and ornament, Architectural.Interior decoration.Pattern books -- England -- 19th century.
- Pattern books.
Lithographs -- 1870.
Chromolithographs -- 1870.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.