Two essays : one on the author's mode of executing rough sketches : the other on the principles on which they are composed : to these are added three plates of figures by Sawrey Gilpin ... / by William Gilpin.
- London : Printed for and sold by T. Cadell and W. Davies, 1804.
- Physical Description:
- 43 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC790 G55 1804Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "These essays are introduced by an Account of the parish-school at Boldre, near Lymington, for the endowment of which the essays and drawings are sold."
 p. publisher's catalogue on verso of final page of text.
Printed by A. Strahan, Printer's Street, London.
BAC: Bound with: Catalogue of drawings, and books, of drawings, to be sold (on Thursday the 6th of May 1802) for the endowment of a parish-school, at Boldre, near Lymington, in Hampshire. London : T. Cadell, 1802.
Gilpin's essay first appeared in 1802 under title: Author's account of the principles on which the drawings are executed.
Barbier, C. William Gilpin, p. 172-173.
- Subject Terms:
- Cadell, T. -- Publisher.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Landscape drawing.Landscape painting.Strahan, A. -- Printer.
- Drawing books.
Soft-ground etchings -- 1804.
Etchings -- 1804.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.