Oriental drawings : sketched between the years 1791 and 1798 / by Captain Charles Gold, of the detachment of Royal Artillery, serving in India at that period.
- London : Printed by Bunney and Co., 103, Shoe-Lane; And published by G. and W. Nicoll, Booksellers to His Majesty, Pall Mall, 1806.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS421 .G65 1806+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS421 .G65 1806+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Illustrations by J. Hassell, William Ellis, Thomas Medland, William Frederick Wells, T. Rickards, and Thomas Hall; after Charles Gold.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 428
BAC: Two copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy.
BAC: Copy 1 inscribed on t.p.: Geo. Macleod Baynes, Royal Artillery.
BAC: Copy 2 is a large paper copy bound in gold- and black-stamped green morocco. Text block edges gilded.
- Subject Terms:
- Baynes, George Macleod -- Autograph.Bunney & Co. -- Printer.Clothing and dress -- India, South.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1806.G. and W. Nicholl -- Publisher.India, South -- Social life and customs -- Pictorial works.
- Aquatints -- 1806.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1806.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.