Voyage to Locuta : a fragment : with etchings, and notes of illustration ; dedicated to Theresa Tidy, author of the "Eighteen Maxims of Neatness and Order." / by Lemuel Gulliver, Jun.
- London : Printed for J. Hatchard, Bookseller to the Queen, No. 190, opposite Albany, Piccadilly, 1818.
- Physical Description:
- 47,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4725.G73 V69 1818Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Printed by S. Gosnell, Little Queen Street, London.
With a preliminary half-title leaf.
Osborne Collection of early children's books, 1566-1910, 710-711
Gumuchian & cie. Livres de l'enfance du XVe au XIXe siècle, 2788
Publisher's advertisements,  p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt- and blind-stamped smooth calf. Has author's armorial bookplate. Illustrations are the 6 original water-colors, with ms annotations, with an additional plate, bound in at end, which is uncolored.
- Subject Terms:
- English fiction -- 19th century.English language -- Grammar -- 19th century.English language -- Study and teaching -- 19th century.Etching -- Specimens -- 1818.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- 1818.Gosnell, S. -- Printer.Graham, Elizabeth Susanna Davenport, 1762 or 1763-1844 -- Bookplate.Hatchard, J. -- Publisher.Voyages, Imaginary -- Juvenile literature.
- Armorial Bookplates (Provenance)
Authors' copies (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
Graham, Elizabeth Susanna Davenport, 1762 or 1763-1844, Voyage to Locuta , 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.