Grant, C. J. (Charles Jameson), active 1830-1852, A political alphabet, Jany 1837
A political alphabet [graphic].
- London : Pubd. by Thos. Maclean, 26 Haymarket, Jany 1837.
- Physical Description:
- 25 pictures on 4 sheets : hand-colored lithographs ; 12 x 250 cm, accordion folded to 12 x 10 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPE1155 .G73 1837Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed in a continuous accordion-folded strip, with title on first panel.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 535
Opie, E 43
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original paper covered boards (lower board lacking).
Alphabet book, with humorous images parodying politics in England.
- Subject Terms:
- Alphabet books -- England -- 19th century.Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.English wit and humor, Pictorial.Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 19th century -- Caricatures and cartoons.John Bull (Symbolic character) -- Caricatures and cartoons.Political satire, English -- Pictorial works.Satire, English.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1837.
Satires (Visual works) -- England -- 1805.
Alphabet books -- 1837.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.