Earp, Frederick, 1827-1897, W. Grant's iIlustrations of the Dyke, near Brighton, [ca. 1850]
W. Grant's iIlustrations of the Dyke, near Brighton.
- Additional Title(s):
Illustrations of the Dyke, near Brighton
- [Brighton] : Published at W. Grant's General Newspaper and Periodical Office, No. 5, Castle Square, Brighton ..., [ca. 1850]
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.B78 E27 1846+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Lithography by W.L. Walton; after Frederick Earp. Printed by Day & Haghe.
Date of publication from Abbey.
An earlier edition under the imprint of W. Mason was issued in 1846. Cf. Abbey.
"Price One Shilling and Sixpence the Set of Four Views, tinted; or, Three Shillings, coloured."--Cover.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 71
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original green printed wrappers. Publisher's advertisements on back cover. Cased with Abbey Scenery 70: W. Mason's Illustrations of the Devil's Dyke (near Brighton).
- Subject Terms:
- Brighton (England) -- Pictorial works.Day & Haghe -- PrinterDevil's Dyke -- Pictorial works.W. Grant's General Newspaper and Periodical Office -- Publisher
- Publisher's advertisements.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1850.
- The Dyke House
- The Devil's Dyke
- Poynings &c. from the Dyke
- Fulking Edburton, &c. from the Dyke.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.