Twelve bindings : Michael Wilcox / with remarks on the bindings by Michael Wilcox & on the books by Elaine Smyth & W. Thomas Taylor.
- Austin : W. Thomas Taylor, 1985.
- Physical Description:
-  pages: some color illustrations ; 36 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ269.2.W55 W55 1985+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Neale Albert, Yale JD 1961, and Margaret AlbertView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Each of the 12 designer bindings is illustrated by a mounted color photograph.
"Two hundred twenty-five copies of this book have been printed in Bembo, Delphian and a variety of other types on Guarro mould-made paper. The design is by W. Thomas Taylor, the printing by David Holman, and the binding by Craig Jensen. Copies I-X are specially bound by Michael Wilcox."--Colophon.
Last page blank.
SML,AOB: "This is copy no. 43"--Colophon. Two variant versions of the prospectus and a correspondence between Wilcox and Stuart B. Schimmel relating to the execution of a binding for Schimmel have been removed from this volume and placed in Arts of the Book Collection Bibliographical file (Box +2, Folder 1)
BAC: British Art Center copy is unnumbered. Bound in publisher's original red cloth, with printed spine label.
- Subject Terms:
- Bookbinding.Fine bindings.Schimmel, Stuart B. -- Correspondence (SML,AOB Bibliographical, File, Box +2. Folder 1)Wilcox, Michael, 1939-Wilcox, Michael, 1939- -- Correspondence (SML, AOB Bibliographical File, Box +2, Folder 1)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.