Three months' visitation by the Bishop of Capetown, in the autumn of 1855 : with an account of his voyage to the island of Tristan D'Acunha, in March, 1856 : with original sketches by Mrs. Gray, printed in colours.
- London : Bell and Daldy ..., 1856.
- Physical Description:
- 156 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBV3555 G73 1856Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Printed by R. Clay, Printer, Bread Street Hill.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 346
BAC: This copy is the Abbey copy.
Illustrations by William Dickes; after Sophia Gray.
Bound in blue blind- and gold-stamped publishers binding.
- Subject Terms:
- Bell and Daldy -- Publisher.Clay, R. -- Printer.Gray, Robert, 1809-1872 -- Diaries.Missionaries -- South Africa -- Diaries.South Africa -- Description and travel.Tristan da Cunha -- Description and travel.Voyages and travels.
- Chromoxylographs -- 1856.
YCBA Collections Search
Gray, Robert, 1809-1872, Three months' visitation by the Bishop of Capetown, in the autumn of 1855 , 1856
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.