The great seals of England from the time of Edward the Confessor to the reign of his majesty William the Fourth : illustrated by thirty-eight plates, containing exact fac-similes of the seals in their present condition / engraved by the process of Achilles Collas ; with historical and description notices.
- London : Henry Hering, 1837.
- Physical Description:
- 4, 17,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 43 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2010 25View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "With an introduction and notes by E. Edwards." Cf. BLC, v. 92, p. 124.
Illustrations are medal engraved.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original brown cloth; rebacked.
- Subject Terms:
- Hering, Henry -- Publisher.Seals (Numismatics) -- Great Britain -- History.Seals (Numismatics) -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.
- Medal engravings -- 1837.
YCBA Collections Search
The great seals of England from the time of Edward the Confessor to the reign of his majesty William the Fourth , 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.