The legend of Shakspeare's crab tree : with a descriptive account, showing its relation to the poet's traditional history / by Charles Frederick Green (late of Stratford-on-Avon) ; illustrated by a series of nine lithographic prints, from sketches taken by him at the spot.
- Additional Title(s):
Shakespeare's crab tree.
- London : Printed for the author by Metchim and Burt, printers, 20 and 55, Parliament Street, Westminster, 1857.
- Physical Description:
- 50 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., map ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2915 .G74 1857+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2915 .G74 1857+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Tinted lithographs by and after Charles Frederick Green.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 320
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Bound in original blind-stamped blue cloth, with title stamped in gilt on front cover. Book plate: W.H. Reece. Copy 2 bound in publisher's printed blue boards. At foot of cover: "Price seven shillings and sixpence".
- Subject Terms:
- Mecham and Burt -- Printer.Reece, W.H. -- Bookplate.Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 -- Homes and haunts.Stratford-upon-Avon (England) -- Description and travel.Warwickshire (England) -- Description and travel.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1857.
- Contents of plates: Shakspear's crab-tree
- The Crab tree and its environs
- "Piping" Pebworth
- "Dancing" Marston
- "Haunted" Hillboro'
- "Hungry" Grafton
- "Dodging" Exhall
- "Popish" Wixford
- "Beggarly" Broom
- "Drunken" Bidford.