Geometrical proportion of architecture : Grecian architecture : suggestions for developing the temples of Greece, by geometrical proportion, forming a sequel to their harmony and beauty : with thirty illustrations / by W.P. Griffith, architect, F.S.A. etc.
- Additional Title(s):
Griffith's Grecian architecture
- The third edition.
- London : Published by the author, 9, St. John's Square, 1844.
- Physical Description:
- 16 p., , 6 leaves of plates ( folded) : ill. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA2760 .G75 1844+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Cover title: Griffith's Grecian architecture. 7/s
Most of the illustrations drawn and lithographed by W.P. Griffith; one lithographed by W. Clerk. Plates printed by C. Webb & Co. Zincographers, 8 Farringdon St.
Printed by C. Draper, 68, St. John Street.
Includes bibliographical footnotes.
BAC: British Art Center copy has label (on cover) and bookplate of The Liverpool Architectural Society Architectural Library. Inscribed: The Liverpool Architectural Society, with the author's respect.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Composition, proportion, etc.Architecture, Greek.C. Webb & Co. -- Printer.Draper, C. -- Printer.Geometry in architecture.Griffith, William Pettit, 1815-1884 -- Pres. insc. to Liverpool Architectural Society.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1844.Liverpool Architectural Society -- Bookplate.Liverpool Architectural Society -- Pres. insc. from W.P. Griffith.
YCBA Collections Search
Griffith, William Pettit, 1815-1884, Geometrical proportion of architecture , 1844
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.