Mona antiqua restaurata : An archæological discourse on the antiquities, natural and historical, of the isle of Anglesey, the ancient seat of the British druids. In two essays. With an appendix, containing a comparative table of primitive words, and the derivatives of them in several of the tongues of Europe; with remarks upon them. Together with some letters, and three catalogues / By Henry Rowlands, Vicar of Llanidan, in the Isle of Anglesey.
- The second edition / corrected and improved.
- London : Printed for J. Knox, near Southampton-Street in the Strand, MDCCLXXVI 
- Physical Description:
- xi, , 357,  p., XII leaves of plates : ill., map ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA740.A5 R69 1766+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- BEIN: Imperfect: front and plates I, IV and XI wanting.
BEIN: This copy presented by N. Webster to Yale library.
Revised and edited by Henry Owen and Lewis Morris.
A number of the letters were written by Edward Lhuyd.
Apparently the first edition was the Dublin one. Cf. ESTC.
Part II has special title page.
English short title catalogue, T139796
The "three catalogues" are lists of (1) members of Parliament; (2) sheriffs; (3) clergy.
The final leaf contains errata and advertisements.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in full calf. Lacks all plates except 'The Bride Stones'.
- Subject Terms:
- Anglesey (Wales) -- History -- Early works to 1800.Britons -- Early works to 1800.Druids and Druidism -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1766.Knox, J. -- Publisher.
- Publishers' advertisements.
YCBA Collections Search
Rowlands, Henry, 1655-1723, Mona antiqua restaurata , MDCCLXXVI 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.