Haghe, Louis, 1806-1885, Views of Tintern Abbey and Chepstow , [1840?]
Views of Tintern Abbey and Chepstow / drawn from nature and lithographed by Louis Haghe.
- Bristol : George Davey, [1840?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA664.T5 H34 1840+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title.
Tinted lithographs printed by Day & Haghe.
Date of publication from Abbey.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 543
BAC: British Art Center is the Abbey copy. Hand-colored. Bound in original printed blue wrappers. Back wrapper comprises an advertisement for prints of the scenery of Bristol.
- Subject Terms:
- Chepstow (Wales) -- Pictorial works.Chepstow Castle (Chepstow, Wales) -- Pictorial works.Davey, George -- Publisher.Day & Haghe -- Printer.Landscapes -- Wales -- Pictorial works.Tintern Abbey -- Pictorial works.
- Publisher's advertisements.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1840.
- Chepstow Castle, from the bridge
- Tintern Abbey, from the priory
- Interior of Tintern Abbey, Momouthshire (looking east)
- Interior of Tintern Abbey, Momouthshire (looking north)
- West front, Tintern Abbey
- South front, Tintern Abbey
- Tintern Abbey, side aisles, looking north
- Tintern Abbey
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.