The Temple : an essay on the forms of the Ark, the Tabernacle, and the Temple of Jerusalem : shewing their correspondence with the forms of classic architecture, and the universality of its use in the temple architecture of the mosaic dispensation, as of gothic, for the same purpose, during the Christian dispensation / by Edward Charles Hakewill.
- [London] : [s.n.], 1851.
- Physical Description:
- , iii, , 120,  p., 13 leaves of plates [1 folded] : ill., plans ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA243 .H35 1850+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Most of the lithographed plates are printed on double leaves.
Printed by W. Watts, Crown Court, Temple Bar, London.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's red cloth; rebacked. Title stamped in gilt on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Ancient -- Israel.Ark of the Covenant.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1851.Temple of Jerusalem (Jerusalem)Temples -- Israel.Watts, W. -- Printer.
- On the Ark. B.C. 2400
- On the Tabernacle of Moses. B.C. 1490
- The Temple on Solomon. B.C. 1005
- The restored Temple of Zerubbabel. B.C. 536 to 515
- The Temple of Herod. B.C. 19 to A.D. 27.