Six new designs for convenient farm-houses : with their proper offices : ... both in in brick and stone : adapted more particularly to the western counties in England, and the whole principality of Wales ... : [part II] Six new designs for convenient farm-houses ... : adapted more particularly to the northern counties in England and all Scotland ... / by William Halfpenny ; ... published ... May 20th, 1751.
- Additional Title(s):
Six new designs for convenient farm-houses ... : adapted more particularly to the northern counties in England and all Scotland ...
- London : Printed for Robert Sayer, 1751.
- Physical Description:
- , 46 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA7328 H36 1751Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- English short title catalogue, N23353
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers, 1556-1785. Cambridge (England) : Cambridge University Press, 1994, c1990. 312
Harris cites a third part: Thirteen new designs for small convienent [sic] parsonage and farm-houses with their proper offices, &c.
Illustrations by [Remi] Parr and Benjamin Cole.
In two parts: part 2 (p. -46) has a separate title page.
BAC: Part 3 wanting in British Art Center copy.
Later editions published under: Useful architecture in twenty-one new designs for erecting parsonage-houses, farm-houses, and inns.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Early works to 1800.Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain -- Designs and plans -- Early works to 1800.Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1751.Sayer, Robert -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Halfpenny, William, -1755, Six new designs for convenient farm-houses , 1751
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.