Useful architecture : being the last work in this kind of William Halfpenny, architect and carpenter : in twenty-five new designs : with full and clear instructions, in every particular, for erecting parsonage-houses, farm-houses, and inns, with their respective offices, &c. ... : together with a supplement, containing several designs for building with timber only ... : the four designs added, are for bridges ...
- Third edition : with four additional designs.
- London : Printed for and sold by Robert Sayer, 1760.
- Physical Description:
- , 78 [i.e. 76] p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA7328 H36 1760Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BEIN College Pamphlets 1047 1: From the library of William Whitman Farnam, 1886.
Title page in red and black.
English short title catalogue, T79272
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers, 1556-1785. Cambridge [England] : Cambridge University Press, 1994, c1990. 317
Contains head- and tail- pieces.
Illustrations by Parr.
Earlier edition published under title : Six new designs for convenient farm-houses, with their proper office, &c.
Pages 23-24 skipped, text continuous.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Early works to 1800.Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain -- Designs and plans -- Early works to 1800.Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Brit tracts -- 1760.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1760.Farnam, William Whitman, 1844-1929 -- Ownership.Sayer, Robert -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.