The book of royalty : characteristics of British palaces / by Mrs. S. C. Hall ; the drawings by W. Perring and J. Brown.
- London : Ackermann and Company, 1839.
- Physical Description:
- 42,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA111 .H35 1839+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA111 .H35 1839+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Verse and prose anecdotes of British royalty.
Printed by Whitehead & Co., London. Frontispiece printed by C. Hullmandel.
With an added lithographed title page.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 297
BEIN 1971 +97: Copy with stamp from Könighliche Ernst August-Fideicomiss-Bibliothek.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Both copies are bound in publisher's red roan, stamped in gilt. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Binder's ticket (copy 1): Westley, Sons & Jarvis, London. Autograph: Edward Shelley.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackerman and Company -- Publisher.Great Britain -- Kings and rulers.Great Britain -- Queens.Könighliche Ernst August-Fideicomiss-Bibliothek -- Stamp.Palaces -- Great Britain.Shelley, Edward -- Autograph. BACRB Copy 1Whitehead & Co. -- Printer.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1839.
- The fair forester
- The summons
- The new beauty
- The heroine of the Savoy
- Charles the First parting from his children
- The doomed princes
- The king reproved
- Fair Rosamond at Woodstock
- The death of Lady Anne
- The chaplet of honour
- Mary of Scotland.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.