IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Hamilton, Anthony, Count, ca. 1646-1720, Memoirs of Count Grammont , 1809
Memoirs of Count Grammont / by Count A. Hamilton ; translated from the French, with notes and illustrations. In three volumes.
- Additional Title(s):
Memoires de la vie du comte de Gramont. English
- Second edition, revised.
- London : Printed by T. Bensley, Bolt Court; for J. White, Fleet Street; Longman, Hurst, Rees, and Orme, Paternoster Row; and J. Scott, Strand, 1809.
- Physical Description:
- 3 v. : ill., ports. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA447.G7 H36 1809Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 425
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in gold-stamped blue morocco, with gilt edges and gilt tooled end-papers. Armorial bookplate: Anthony Littledale.
BEIN 2015 1553: From the library of Walter L. Pforzheimer.
Translated into English from the original French: Mémoires de la vie du comte de Gramont.
Stipple engravings by William Nelson Gardiner, Ignatius Joseph Vandenbergh, E. Bocquet, Silvester, A. Birrell, Thomas Barker, Samuel Freeman, Francesco Bartolozzi, L. LeGoux, Peltro William Tomkins, Thomas Cheesman, and Sheneker.
Tooley, R.V. English books with coloured plates, 1790-1860, 425
- Subject Terms:
- Bensley, T., -- Printer.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1809.Gramont, Philibert, comte de, 1621-1707.Great Britain -- Court and courtiers -- Biography.Great Britain -- History -- Charles II, 1660-1685.Littledale, Anthony -- Bookplate.Nobility -- France -- Portraits.Nobility -- Great Britain -- Portraits.Pforzheimer, Walter L. (Walter Lionel), 1914-2003 -- Ownership.Stipple engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1809.White, J., -- Publisher.
- Armorial Bookplates (Provenance)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.