The position on the Alma [graphic] : in seven sketches from the field on the day after the battle / by Major E.B. Hamley, Capt. R.A.
- Edinburgh ; and London : William Blackwood and Sons, 1855.
- Physical Description:
- 1 print on 2 joined sheets : hand-colored lithograph ; sheets end-to-end 13 x 152 cm, accordion folded to 13 x 22 cm and 4 pages ; 13 x 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDK509 .H36 1855Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title from letter-press title page.
Panoramic view, on a continuous accordion-folded strip.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 602
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. In publisher's original blind- and gilt-stamped red cloth folder.
- Subject Terms:
- Alma, Battle of the, Ukraine, 1854 -- Pictorial works.Crimean War, 1853-1856 -- Campaigns -- Ukraine -- Pictorial works.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1855.
Panoramas -- Crimean War, 1853-1856.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
YCBA Collections Search
Hamley, Edward Bruce, Sir, 1824-1893, The position on the Alma, 1855
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.