Hamilton, William, 1777-1859, Memorandum on the subject of the Earl of Elgin's pursuits in Greece, 1815
Memorandum on the subject of the Earl of Elgin's pursuits in Greece.
- Second edition, corrected.
- London : Printed for John Murray ... by W. Bulmer and Co., 1815.
- Physical Description:
- 100 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNB92 M5 1815Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Appendices: A. Benjamin West, esq. to the Earl of Elgin -- B. Notes on Phidias and his school; collected from ancient authors -- C. Description d'un bas-relief du Parthénon, actuellement au Musée Napoléon / par A. L. Millin -- D. Lettre de E.Q, Visconti à un Anglais -- E. ... letter ... to a friend of Lord Elgin's ... by a person who had paid particular attention to the subject of this memoir.
Illustrations by Henry Moses.
- Subject Terms:
- Bulmer, W. and Co. -- Printer.Elgin marbles.Elgin, Thomas Bruce, Earl of, 1766-1841.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1815.Marble sculpture, Greek.Murray, John -- Publisher.Phidias, ca. 500-ca. 430 B.C.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.