Illustrations of the Rev. Legh Richmond's tracts : two views from "The Dairyman's Daughter", two from "The Young Cottager", and one from "The Negro Servant" / from nature by W. Varley and E. Armstrong ; on stone by G. Harley.
- [London : Printed by Rowney & Forster, 1821?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 28 x 39 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 103Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Based on the popular novels of Legh Richmond (1772-1827), Vicar of Brading and noted evangelist. His novels had an Isle of Wight setting, and the plates illustrate views on the island: Brading Church, Arreton Church, Little Jane's Cottage (Brading), Culver Cliff, and the Dairyman's Cottage, Arreton.
Paper is watermarked 1821.
BAC: British Art Center copy in original brown printed wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- England -- Isle of Wight.Church architecture -- England -- Isle of Wight.Isle of Wight (England) -- Pictorial works.Landscape -- England -- Isle of Wight.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1821.Richmond, Legh, 1772-1827 -- Illustrations.Rowney & Forster -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
Varley, William, 1785-1856, Illustrations of the Rev. Legh Richmond's tracts , 1821?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.