Harraden, Richard, 1756-1838, Costume of the various orders in the University of Cambridge , 
- Costume of the various orders in the University of Cambridge / drawn by R. Harraden.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Costume of the University of Cambridge
- [Cambridge [England][ : Publish'd Jany. 1805 by R. Harraden, Cambridge, 
- Physical Description:
- 22 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 28-32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsLF128 .H37 1805+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsLF128 .H37 1805+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illlustrations by John Whessell; after Richard Harraden.
With half title-page which reads: Costume of the University of Cambridge. Drawn and published by R. Harraden, south side of Great St. Mary's Church, Cambridge. To be had of Mr. Miller, No. 49, Albermarle Street, Piccadilly, London.
Preface dated May 21, 1803.
Originally issued in four parts.
Abbey, J. R. Scenery, 78
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy and is a large paper copy. Prospectus for Harraden's views of Cambridge and Oxford, Statue of Sir Isaac Newton tipped in at end of both copies. Each plate accompanied by page of descriptive letterpress and tissue guard. Label mounted on front cover: Costume of the University of Cambridge. Bound in original boards. Bookplate of George Tyrrell on front pasted-down end-paper.
BAC: Copy 2 includes an added plate of colored engravings of arms of colleges and an additional aquatint (uncolored) plate: Kings Coll. Chapel dated 1804. Plates are accompanied by page of descriptive letterpress but lack tissue guard. Bookplate of William Aingland on front pasted-down end-paper.
- Subject Terms:
- Academic costume -- England -- Cambridge.Aingland, William -- BookplateEngraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1805.Harraden, R. -- Publisher.Miller, Mr. -- Publisher.Ringland, Giulielmi -- Bookplate.Stipple engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1805.Tyrrell, George -- BookplateUniversity of Cambridge -- Students -- Clothing.
- Aquatints -- 1805.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.