The ruins of Mandoo : the ancient Mahommedan capital of Malwah in central India / by J. Guiaud, of Nice, from the original sketches of Captain Claudius Harris, 8th Madras light cavalry ; with descriptive and historical notices and an appendix.
- London : Day and Son, lithographers to the Queen, 6, Gate Street, Lincoln's-Inn Fields, 1860.
- Physical Description:
- , 20 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 49 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2022 76Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- List of subscribers on pages -.
"Views were originally taken... April, 1852."--Page .
BAC Folio A 2022 76: The Abbey copy. Plates are hand-colored. Bound in publisher's green moiré with title stamped in gilt inside ornate tooled border on front cover.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 490
- Subject Terms:
- Māndu (India) -- Pictorial works.
- Hand coloring.
- Plates: The modern village of Mandoo, and the ancient mosque the "Jumah Musjid."
- Front view of the ruined mosque, the "Jumah Musjid."
- The "Jahaz Mahal," or "Water Palace."
- Palace of the Sultan Baz Bahadoor, and pavilion of Roop Muttee, his queen
- The marble mausoleum of the Sultan Hoossain Shah Ghuree
- The Delhi Gate