Harris, W. Snow (William Snow), Sir, 1791-1867, Remarkable instances of the protection of certain ships of Her Majesty's Navy, from the destructive effects of lightning , 1847
- Remarkable instances of the protection of certain ships of Her Majesty's Navy, from the destructive effects of lightning : collected from official and other authenticated documents ; to which is added a list of two hundred and twenty cases of ships of Her Majesty's Navy struck and damaged by lightning, abridged from the official logs of the ships / by W. Snow Harris, F.R.S. &c.
- London : Printed for the author by Richard Clay, Bread Street Hill, 1847.
- Physical Description:
- 61, , 8 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsVK1258 .H37 1847Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- NSTC, 2H9574
Addenda: 8 p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy in original brown printed wrappers. Inscribed: Presented to the Rev. W. Vernon Harcourt with the authors very kind comp.
- Subject Terms:
- Clay, R. -- Printer.Great Britain. Royal Navy.Harcourt, W. Vernon, Rev. -- Pres. insc. from the author.Harris, W. Snow -- Pres. insc. to Rev. W. Vernon Harcourt.Lightning conductors.Lightning protection.Marine engineering -- Great Britain.Military engineering -- Great Britain.Ships -- Fires and fire prevention.Ships -- Safety measures.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1847.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.