IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Harris, W. Snow (William Snow), Sir, 1791-1867, Remarkable instances of the protection of certain ships of Her Majesty's Navy, from the destructive effects of lightning , 1847
Remarkable instances of the protection of certain ships of Her Majesty's Navy, from the destructive effects of lightning : collected from official and other authenticated documents ; to which is added a list of two hundred and twenty cases of ships of Her Majesty's Navy struck and damaged by lightning, abridged from the official logs of the ships / by W. Snow Harris, F.R.S. &c.
- London : Printed for the author by Richard Clay, Bread Street Hill, 1847.
- Physical Description:
- 61, , 8 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsVK1258 .H37 1847Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- NSTC, 2H9574
Addenda: 8 p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy in original brown printed wrappers. Inscribed: Presented to the Rev. W. Vernon Harcourt with the authors very kind comp.
- Subject Terms:
- Clay, R. -- Printer.Great Britain. Royal Navy.Harcourt, W. Vernon, Rev. -- Pres. insc. from the author.Harris, W. Snow -- Pres. insc. to Rev. W. Vernon Harcourt.Lightning conductors.Lightning protection.Marine engineering -- Great Britain.Military engineering -- Great Britain.Ships -- Fires and fire prevention.Ships -- Safety measures.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1847.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.