A narrative of the establishment and progress of the mission to Ceylon and India : founded by the late Rev. Thomas Coke, L.L.D., under the direction of the Wesleyan-Methodist Conference, including notices of Bombay and the superstitions of various religious sects at that presidency, and on the continent of India : with an introductory sketch of the natural, civil, and religious history of the Island of Ceylon / by W. M. Harvard.
- London : Printed for the author, 1823.
- Physical Description:
- lxxii, 404 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBV3265 H37 1823Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: Cover-title reads: Mission to Ceylon & India.
Printed by J. Haddon, Tabernacle Walk.
Illustrations by Lester; after P.P. van Houton.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1823.Haddon, J. -- Printer.Methodist Church in Sri Lanka.Methodist Episcopal Church -- Missions.Missions -- India.Missions -- Sri Lanka.Sri Lanka -- Church history.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1823.
YCBA Collections Search
Harvard, W. M. (William Martin), 1790-1857, A narrative of the establishment and progress of the mission to Ceylon and India , 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.