View of the entrance of the River Exe [graphic] : taken from the Beacon Hill, Exmouth / H. Haseler delt ; F.C. Lewis sculp.
- Additional Title(s):
To the Right Honble. Lord Rolle, this view of the entrance of the River Exe, taken from the Beacon Hill, Exmouth is by permission most respectfully inscribed by his Lordship's most obedient & very obliged humble servant, John Wallis
- Sidmouth : Published 1st Augt. 1818 by the proprietor, John Wallis, and sold at Croydon's Library, Teignmouth, Gore's, Dawlish, and Ewen's Exmouth, 1818.
- Physical Description:
- 1 print : hand-colored aquatint ; sheets end-to-end 33 x 92 cm, rolled to 33 x 5 cm (scroll format)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2016 22aYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Full title (at foot): To the Right Honble. Lord Rolle, this view of the entrance of the River Exe, taken from the Beacon Hill, Exmouth is by permission most respectfully inscribed by his Lordship's most obedient & very obliged humble servant, John Wallis
Aquatint by Frederick Christian Lewis; after Henry Haseler.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 470
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Paper on linen. On contemporary wooden dowel.
- Subject Terms:
- Exe River (England) -- Pictorial works.Exmouth (England) -- Pictorial works.Rivers -- England -- Pictorial works.Wallis, John -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1818.
Panoramas -- England -- Exe River.
Scrolls -- England -- 19th century.
YCBA Collections Search
Lewis, Frederick Christian, 1779-1856, View of the entrance of the River Exe, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.