View of the entrance of the River Teign [graphic] : taken at high water from the summit of the Ness Point : opposite Teignmouth / H.Haseler delt. ; F.C. Lewis sculp.
- Sidmouth : Publish'd 1st Augt., 1818, by the proprietor, John Wallis, and sold at Croydon's Library, Teignmough, Gore's, Dawlish, and Ewens's, Exmouth., 1818.
- Physical Description:
- 1 print : hand-colored aquatint ; sheet 33 x 92 cm, rolled to 33 x 5 cm (scroll format)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2016 15Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full title (in bottom margin): To the Right Honble. Viscount Exmouth, this view of the entrance of the River Teign, taken at high water from the summit of the Ness Point, opposite Teignmouth, is by permission most repectfully inscribed by His Lordship's most obedient & very obliged humble servant, John Wallis.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 471.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Paper on linen. On contemporary wooden dowel. Edges trimmed with green silk.
- Subject Terms:
- Rivers -- England -- Pictorial works.Teign, River (England) -- Pictorial works.Teignmouth (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1818.
Panoramas -- England -- Teignmouth.
Scrolls -- England -- 19th century.
YCBA Collections Search
Lewis, Frederick Christian, 1779-1856, View of the entrance of the River Teign, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.