IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Havell, Robert, 1793-1878, Panoramic view of King George's Sound, part of the colony of Swan River, Octr. 1834
Panoramic view of King George's Sound, part of the colony of Swan River [graphic] / drawn by Lieut. R. Dale, 63rd Regt. ; engd. by R. Havell.
- London : Robt. Havell, 77, Oxford Street, Octr. 1834.
- Physical Description:
- 1 print on 3 joined sheets : hand-colored aquatint ; sheets end-to-end 19 x 275 cm, accordion folded to 19 x 35 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2014 57 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Related Content:
- View digital images of the panorama from a copy at the National Library of Australia
- Title from foot of the engraved image.
Probably issued with: Descriptive account of the panoramic view &c. of King George's Sound and the adjacent country / by R. Dale. London: J. Cross and R. Havell, 1834 (Ferguson 1761).
Wantrup, p. 275
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 528
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. In contemporary green cloth folder. Housed with the Descriptive account (cataloged separately).
- Subject Terms:
- Aboriginal Australians -- Australia -- King George Sound Region (W.A.) -- Social life and customs.King George Sound (W.A.) -- Pictorial works.
- Panoramas -- Australia -- King George Sound (W.A.)
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1834.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.