IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Havell, Robert, -1832, A panorama of London, 1822
A panorama of London [graphic] / taken from nature by R. Havell, Jun.
- London : Published by Rodwell and Martin, 40, New Bond Street, 1822.
- Physical Description:
- 1 print on 6 joined sheets : hand-colored aquatint ; sheets end-to-end 9 x 420 cm, rolled (in wooden case) to 9 x 6 cm (scroll format)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA683 .H38 1822 FlatYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Title and imprint from publisher's printed label at end of panorama.
Panorama of London as seen from the south bank of the Thames and stretching from Millbank to St. Catherine's Dock.
"A 16 page booklet forming a key to the print was issued in 1822."--Gilded scenes and shining prospects.
Hyde, R. Gilded scenes and shining prospects, 62
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 485
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Imperfect: 16 page key wanting. In original boxwood drum.
- Subject Terms:
- London (England) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Pictorial works.London (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Panoramas -- England -- London.
Views -- England.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1824.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.