Havell, Robert, -1832, A panorama of London, 1822
- A panorama of London [graphic] / taken from nature by R. Havell, Jun.
- London : Published by Rodwell and Martin, 40, New Bond Street, 1822.
- Physical Description:
- 1 print on 6 joined sheets : hand-colored aquatint ; sheets end-to-end 9 x 420 cm, rolled (in wooden case) to 9 x 6 cm (scroll format)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA683 .H38 1822 FlatYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title and imprint from publisher's printed label at end of panorama.
Panorama of London as seen from the south bank of the Thames and stretching from Millbank to St. Catherine's Dock.
"A 16 page booklet forming a key to the print was issued in 1822."--Gilded scenes and shining prospects.
Abbey, J.R. Life, 485
Hyde, R. Gilded scenes and shining prospects, 62
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Imperfect: 16 page key wanting. In original boxwood drum.
- Subject Terms:
- London (England) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Pictorial works.London (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Panoramas -- England -- London.
Views -- England.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1824.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.