Hay, D. R. (David Ramsay), 1798-1866, Proportion, or, The geometric principle of beauty, analysed , 1843
- Proportion, or, The geometric principle of beauty, analysed / by D. R. Hay, decorative painter to the Queen, Edinburgh; author of "The laws of harmonious colouring adapted to interior decorations," "The natural principles and analogy of the harmony of form," etc.
- Alternate Title(s):
Geometric principle of beauty, analysed
Hay on proportion
- Edinburgh : W. Blackwood and Sons; 1843.
22 Pall Mall, London, 1843.
- Physical Description:
- , x, 78 p., [xvii] leaves of plates : ill. ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC703 .H39 1843+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title: Hay on proportion.
Illustrations by George Aikman and Frederick Schenck; after D. R. Hay.
Includes errata slip.
Printed by Ballantyne and Hughes, Pauls Work, Cannongate.
British Architectural Library. Early Imprints Collection. Early printed books 1478-1840. London : Bowker-Saur, 1994-, p. 2624.
BAC: Bound in blind- and gilt-stamped orange publisher's cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Architectural section. Royal Philosophical Society, Glasgow -- Stamp.Ballantyne and Hughes -- Printer.Drawing -- Technique.Etching -- Specimens -- 1843.Geometrical drawing.Hay, D. R. (David Ramsay), 1798-1866 -- Pres. insc. to Charles Wilson.Library of the Glasgow Architectural Society -- Bookplate.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1843.Mechanical drawing.Proportion (Art)W. Blackwood and Son -- Publisher.Wilson, Charles -- Pres. insc. from the author.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.